Free program, which allows you to change/replace multiple letters and phrases at a time. It is easy to create and save lists of changes/replacements, so that you can reuse them. Applications: character conversion, ROT13, ROT47, Morse code conversion.
item has less then 1 vote
|OS Support||Windows Install and Uninstall|
|File Size||0.80 MB ( 820 KB )|
|Published||Aug 24, 2009 (11 years ago)|
|Updated||Dec 23, 2013 (7 years ago)|
Vivaldi for Windows 32 4 minutes ago
ACDSee Professional 5 minutes ago
Secure IT Encryption Software 7 minutes ago
CSV2QFX 1 hour ago
DotCode Font and Encoder Suite 5 hours ago
Transfer Windows Mail Emails to Outlook 7 hours ago
MSG Email in PDF 7 hours ago
Hard Disk Data Recovery 7 hours ago
SEO SpyGlass Professional 8 hours ago
Antamedia HotSpot Software 131 times
Advanced ETL Processor 122 times
Dwyco VideoChat Community 120 times
VyprVPN for Mac 120 times
Power Spy 119 times
ACDSee 112 times
System Mechanic Free 110 times
nanoCAD Plus 107 times
Database Workbench Pro 104 times
It is easy to create and save lists of changes/replacements, so that you can reuse them.
You can even paste replacement table from your spreadsheet (e.g. Excel/Calc).
wReplace resembles Notepad. Like Notepad, it works with plain text Unicode files.
* Character conversion - changing one set of characters into another. Also, removing diacritics (accents).
* Romanization (latinisation) - conversion of a text written in a non-Roman alphabet into Roman alphabet.
* Transliteration - writing down a text (or a word) written in one alphabet with letters of another alphabet.
* Cyrillization - conversion of a text written in a non-Cyrillic alphabet into Cyrillic alphabet.
* Transcription (phonetics, phonemics, phonemic orthography) - writing down phonemes of a spoken language, so that you can reproduce them later. Also, you may write down phonemes of one language using letters of another.
* Simple substitution cipher (e.g. ROT13, ROT47).
* Morse code conversion.
wReplace is an excellent tool for national characters conversion into standard set of ASCII characters. This is useful because many programs do not correctly display non-ASCII national characters; for example, programs which display film subtitles sometimes have this problem. The change/replacement is run according to a pattern (Diacritic to ASCII) available in the program.
wReplace is useful for language learning. It allows you to convert between different notations/writing systems, and to approximately phonetically transcribe text. Possible applications:
* Japanese, text conversion both ways: Romaji - Hiragana, Romaji - Katakana, Katakana - Hiragana.
* Russian; Cyrillic, conversion into Latin phonetic transcription ISO 9-1995.
wReplace can be used free of charge.
|Release Info:||Major Update on Jun 28, 2008|
|Related Tags:||string replace search and replace find and replace search replace find replace|
Reviews of wReplace 1.2.FreeYou can be the first to write a review of wReplace!
Neural network classification results live view (like a movie). Free software for playing with neural networks classification. Many network architectures, different shapes of training data sets. Learning with backpropagation algorithm.wList
Create list of files and subfolders of a given folder (directory). In one click, create a list of contents of any CD/DVD/USB flash drive, or any hard disc. List all your music files (MP3, WAV), pictures (GIF,JPG,PNG) or video (AVI,MP4,MPEG).